[Crew] Odd email...

Minus Q minusq.uk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:24:24 BST 2008

Hi :)

2008/9/30 Richard Rothwell <richard at caliban.org.uk>:
> Hi All,
>
> I got an email addressed to someone else, not that rare as I tend to
> accept all mail addresses on my domains (I know, I shouldn't, but I'm
> lazy).  Anyway, this is an extract of the headers - with relevant
> domain names changed to protect the innocent...

Removing the obvious first... it wasn't just bcc'ed was it?

<snip headers>

> thread-index: Acki8VyVrBi2qqVnSD+9G+Wccm7zxx==
> From: "xxxx xxxx" <xxxx.xxxx at sender.com>
> To: <zzzz.zzzz at abcod.org.uk>
> Cc: "yyyy yyyy" <yyyy.yyyy at sender.com>

I presume this is a typo and the "To:" was meant to be abcd.org.uk?
Isn't that your email address in these headers?

> Anyone tell me what is going on? Is it a scam or something else?

Depends on the content.  Remember to always keep Hanlon's Razor in mind ;)

--
MinusQ
"If you can't go through the firewall...