[Crew] Ironkey

Ade adrian.bradshaw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:35:20 GMT 2008

2008/11/3 Cal Leeming <cal at foxwhisper.co.uk>:
<snip>
> probably possible to grind through as I say, but it'd be a pain.. Tbh, I'd
> like to see one designed which has a 'self destruct' mechanism.. nothing
> fancy like james bond heh, but something which just detected the number of
> times the password has been queried, and then serged the flash in the event
</snip>

It already does exactly that - FAQ 25
https://learn.ironkey.com/faqs/25#disp

Does it really self-destruct?

IronKey's patent-pending "flash-trash" methodology incorporates an
exhaustive hardware erase of all flash and Cryptochip memory. This is
not a simple clearing of file allocation tables, but a secure
overwriting of data. This is done in hardware rather than via a
software application for the ultimate protection. You, personally,
should not be physically harmed when this happens.