[Crew] Dongle connector

Richard Rothwell richard at caliban.org.uk
Sun Jul 20 00:28:45 BST 2008

2008/7/19 SneakyRussian <sneakyrussian2600 at gmail.com>:
> i will confirm that this is a external aerial connector
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.FL
> Hirose connector... Its used on MiniPCI cards and if you can find an old
> laptop you should find the flylead.
> I may even be able to find you one if i have a dig round. You can
> actually get ready made fly leads with RP-SMA
> connector that will take a standard WiFi aerial. The other place to look
> is OLD linksys equipment like the WAP54g
> or the WRT54g but will have to be the early versions. Again i have a
> dead WAP54G somewhere but they use TNC
> or RP-TNC connectors.

Thanks - the next question is what antenna is best for directional
work with mobile phone frequencies, and do we need to remove the
internal antenna - as this is almost certainly a test port.

> Let me know if you want me to try and bring a flylead round so you can
> test. I have a ready made one that i use
> with a 300mw card and a yagi.

The dongle is not here at the moment, so no problem.

>  But again its buried somewhere. (I need a
> better filing system and that dosnt
> mean EXT3 as opposed to NTFS ( and I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW, I will get
> round to it....

Ah, tidying up, in my experience, makes things harder to find, not easier :-)

> My laptop is halfway there...))

Halfway is good.


> SneakyR

More information about the Crew mailing list