[Crew] "Rude Awakening for Dawn Drivers"

Richard Stokes rich at richstokes.co.uk
Sat Oct 28 11:39:49 BST 2006

> Minus Q wrote:
> > "Early morning motorists got a shock yesterday when digital car park
> > signs were tampered with by computer hackers and were left displaying
> > an obscene message."
> >

> http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/localnews/display.var.990185.0.rude_awakening_for_dawn_drivers.php
> >
> > Anyone know how this kind of system works?  What remote access are you
> > likely to get?
> >

> The ones I "cough" know of use pogsag look for the little antenna on
> back or top.
>
> ;)
>
> Re-

Oooooh, never heard of pogsag, google dosnt really help other than its
somthing to do with pagers? I guess that means they are sent like pager
messages from some central location to the diffrent parking signs..  I
wonder if its encrypted or if you could make somthing that can send pager
messages to the signs hmm hmmm hmmm ;)