[Crew] So... how does Freesat actually work....

Minus Q minusq.uk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 19:40:52 GMT 2006

On 14/12/06, Binary Sheep <binary.sheep at gmail.com> wrote:
> From what i have seen i think they update your skybox down the Sat Connection.
> And tell the sky box to allow this sky card to work.

I'd be surprised if they updated a single box over a satelite
connection used for talking to *all* the Sky boxes... then again I
don't suppose there's any way to pass a message otherwise.  I presumed
that Sky would give me some kind of activation code over the phone.

> Although i have three sky cards and they all work fine in my sky box.
> If i can find it and you want it i have a walk through guide on how
> the inside of a sky box work some where.

Thanks for the offer, but that's fine, I was just after a high level view.

> Out of curiosity when you do get your sky card and you put it in for
> the first time (before registering with sky) could you email me the
> message you get on screen if any.

Certainly.  I can't get my dish fitted until really early next year,
so I'll get the details to you then....

--
MinusQ
"If you can't go through the firewall...