[Crew] RIAA Will Drop Cases If You Point Out That An IP Address Isn't A Person

Minus Q minusq.uk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 18:26:02 BST 2006

On 28/07/06, dizzy at busydizzys.com <dizzy at busydizzys.com> wrote:

> Just something I came across on my daily travels thru the interweb.
>
> http://techdirt.com/articles/20060727/1131227.shtml
>
> Seems its worked in 2 cases.

I love the idea of the RIAA dropping cases because they don't want to
set a precedent against them... so rather than fighting for a point of
law they're just going to keep making strategic withdrawals from any
case where someone figures out the appropriate defense strategy.  And
of course in this information society that news won't spread quickly
will it....

--
MinusQ
"If you can't go through the firewall...